Friday, September 9, 2011

Estrogen Lair

After leaving Chez Cat Hair in Denver last fall, I moved back in with the 'rents (for details, see Blog Post #1). They were sweet enough and thoughtful enough to refinish the basement for me. It is lovely. Upon moving in, I christened it The Estrogen Lair and Rocky, Gus Gus and I settled right in.


In the Estrogen Lair, everything is served with a side of cat hair. In the Estrogen Lair, everyone knows your name, and your name is Meow.


In the Lair, the DVR is a sacred object. I love my DVR. If you said, choose Gus Gus the Cat or your DVR, I would choose my DVR. (Okay, I probably wouldn't, BUT it would be a tough choice.) Anyway, the best thing about my DVR is that it facilitates my polygamist lifestyle. Yes, I am a make-believe, TV-character polygamist. Sue me. You see, I have several husbands - and they visit every week, usually during Prime Time.


Tuesdays are reserved for Mark Harmon and Michael Weatherly, aka Jethro Gibbs and Tony Dinozzo on NCIS. It gets a little tricky at times juggling both of them, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.


Wednesdays, oh ... they are reserved for Shemar Moore. AKA the finest specimen in existence. If you aren't obsessed with crime dramas and actually HAVE a life and don't know who Shemar Moore is, he plays Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds. And, oh what a mind. I love the way his mind looks in those tight t-shirts he wears to solve gruesome and misogynistic crimes every week.


I could go on... there are other crime dramas and there are other men. But, I will spare you. And before you call Shephard Pratt - I know these are fictional characters. Don't have me committed yet. (But, seriously, have you SEEN Shemar Moore's arms in those t-shirts?? I was distraught when he was promoted and had to wear a suit.)


I think I shall devote one entire future post to Mark Harmon, the original Silver Fox. Or maybe Chris Noth on The Good Wife. Or Josh Whats-His-Name on the same show (lucky Alicia!) Or, Simon Baker on The Mentalist. But, for now, I really should get back to lint rolling my sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment