Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Raindrops On Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

I thought it might be fun to do a post on some of my favorite things. Because I know you, my dear readers, are interested. Well probably not, but whatever. Coming up with blog topics isn't as easy as you might think. 

So, while Julie Andrews may have the market cornered on bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, these are a few of MY favorite things… 

Almay Intense eye liner in Black Pearl -  this stuff is the bomb. It goes on smoothly, even though it is a pencil, and it stays put. I love it. You should love it too. 

intense i-color eyeliner

Clinique lip gloss in Air Kiss and Black Honey – I love Clinique’s lip products. The almost-lipstick and the lip gloss are fantastic. They stay put but aren’t crazy in your face bright or shiny. Just perfect for a natural beauty such as myself. 
Clinique Black Honey
Chacos flip-flops – these babies are orthopedically correct and feel better than walking in slippers. I wear them every day. They are like $60 but totally worth it. 
Flip Ecotread
Danskos Mary Janes – I love these shoes because a)my heel spurs don’t hurt when I wear them and b) the Mary Jane style is still a little cute, and you can see cute socks through the cut-outs.
Danskos!
Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunk yarn – this yarn knits up so quickly, you can knock out a scarf/hat/whatever in no time flat. Plus it is not too spendy so its great for holiday gifts.
Alba and Burt’s Bees and St. Ives beauty products – I love these products because they are non-toxic -- paraben-free AND cruelty free. They offer great products for a variety of needs and they aren’t going to poison you. I use Alba moisturizer, Burt’s Bees anti-aging creams and serums, and St. Ives body wash and Apricot scrub.
Burt's Bees

Pinterest.com – If you are a true fan of this blog, you will have already read about my obsession with Pinterest.com. I blame my sister in law for this. She introduced me to it. But this website is so cool. It is a great place to house ideas and products you adore, plus gather and save new ideas. Heart it. 

NCIS is the best show ever broadcast in the whole wide world. Primarily because it stars Mark Harmon, who play Jethro Gibbs, who is my imaginary tv character husband. Secondly, it stars Michael Weatherly, who plays Anthony DiNozzo, whom I will marry after my first husband kicks it because he's a lot older than me. Also, Abby and Ziva? Bad ass chicks.
Mark Harmon
Pam Dawber who? I LOVE Plumpty Dumpty Bloggesses.


One of my favorite bands right now is The Avett Brothers. Their songs make me happy and sad at the same time. Also, the lead singer is so hot; if you know anyone that that looks like him and has a fondness for plumpty-dumpty brunettes, you just pass along this here blog web address.
Avett Brothers
I am a brother Avett and I look hot in my hippie folk guy outfit.
 My favorite flower...peonies are so beautiful.
peonies
There is nothing clever to say about me.

I am not a big fan of protein bars; they either taste like crap or they taste great but they are not great for you. That's why I am so happy that some nice lady named Lara created Larabars. They are totally natural bars - fruit and nuts. They taste yum and they are good for you - yay! My favorites are Cashew Cookie and Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter.

I taste extra special good when you have biked for hours and are super duper hungry
and I am stashed in your bike jersey.
My favorite food in the whole entire world (other than cream of crab soup, eggplant parmesan, saag paneer (Indian creamed spinach), chicken tikka masala and um, a bunch of other things) is GUACAMOLE! And the best kind you can buy is Whole Foods' housemade. So utterly delicious.


Hi. I'm Delicious.


























Sooo... that's all for now. I am having a hard time blogging about food when I am in starvation mode until 10 a.m. tomorrow. Cheerio! Dammit. Even my goodbye is a food reference.

What's one of your favorite things? Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment