Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mid-Week Mashup

  


**NOTE: I know it is hard to believe, what with my very technologically advanced blog here, but I am actually not very good with tech-ish stuff. So, no, I don't know why my margins are screwed up and no,  I don't know why my cool graphics (which I JUST figured out how to do) aren't all centered like I politely asked them to be. Just be happy you have pictures to look at, okay? End Note.**

It's Wednesday. Which I used to call Bagel Wednesday because my company likes to food push and as such, they provide delicious, fresh, bagels and cream cheese to employees every Wednesday morning. But, since refined carbs are the enemy, today has been reduced to merely "Wednesday." Other food pushing examples from my office include: Recognition Pizza Day (once a month), Chocolate Day (once a year), Fourth of July Pie Day (hopefully you'll understand that this too is only once a year), Tailgating Cook-out (which is once a year and happens to be tomorrow) and Ice Cream Truck Thursdays.

But, I digress. My brain is fried from lack of bagels and too much worky worky, and I can't think of a good post topic. So I am going to post train-of-thought and you can just try to keep up.

Good news on the Fat Ass Front - I am down another 2.5 pounds, bringing the grand total of pounds lost to 12.5 pounds, or Mary-Kate Olsen. There is only one week left in my office Biggest Loser contest and I am currently in the lead. Besides bragging rights, the real bonus is a $740 cash prize. That would buy me a lot of bagels. Or, wine. 
 
 
    I weigh less than Michelle's ass!
So, I need to be super good. I passed up on a work happy hour tonight AND Bubbas softball trivia tonight in order to eat plain grilled chicken and steamed green beans. (Thanks, Pops!) Now I am blogging. With all the extra workouts I'm getting in on the keyboard, I am really starting to see the definition in my fingers. I gave myself a break on cardio tonight (other than a walk) because my knee is killing me from all the workouts I've added in. I'm not whining (okay, I am totally whining) but extra weight puts extra strain on your joints. My poor fat knees needed a break.


I hope months of starvation, obsessive exercise, and painful grooming will get boys to notice the inner me.


Anyway, even though I didn't go this time, I'm super duper happy that I got invited to a work happy hour. Cuz like, you know, I like happy hours. And, friends. Yay! Friends! That don't live in the basement and have four paws. Yay!

What else? Oh yeah, I'm due for a crafting update. Actually, it is probably a crafting introduction. Um. I like to craft. Mainly I knit and felt (for anyone who is not a crafting geek, felting is when you shrink wool down into a felt-like fabric. You can make all sorts of fun stuff out of it. There's needle felting too - which involves a barbed needle and is a great stress reliever.) I am trying to branch out into other crafts, such as this coaster project I want to complete and some other nifty craft ideas that I found on Pinterest.com. Tangent alert ---- Pinterest is like THE coolest website in the Land of Websites. Check it out - you can follow me on there too if you really have no life.

Okay, pulling myself back to topic... so, yes, I love to craft. The funny thing is that my favorite medium is woolen yarn and I am actually very allergic to wool. When I knit with it I have to take breaks because my hands start to itch so much. But, it is so versatile, I still insist on using it. Why? Because...
Image of Knitting Takes Balls T-Shirt (Women's)

I think that might be enough random subjects to tackle in just one little bitty post. Plus, the Kate + 8 series finale just came on the TV and I am retching involuntarily so I have to stop typing to change the channel. Until next time, dear readers.

P.S. I'd like to give a shout out to my fellow bloggess and friend, The Swim Diva! She has a super fabulous blog and knows how to do fancy things like make pictures appear and such. Thank you for introducing me to someecards!

Peace out, peeps.




1 comment:

  1. haha i bet my man rack is much bigger than her rack..its bad when your eye balls are your biggest feature on your body

    ReplyDelete